The refugee friends’ hardship fund allows JRS UK to continue to find new and creative ways to accompany, serve and advocate for refugee friends.
Today, please give generously to our Refugee Friends’ Hardship Fund so that JRS UK can continue to accompany our refugee friends.
More than ever before, we will be leaning on your prayers so that our refugee friends, who have already been left destitute by an unjust asylum system, will feel safe and supported by the JRS family.
Donate to our hardship fund
By donating today you will help our Emergency Response Team and Caseworkers to:
- Distribute crisis hardship grants remotely
- Stock and open the JRS Shop – where refugee friends can collect food and toiletries, and meet with caseworkers for support
- Distribute mobile phone top-ups to help combat isolation and connect with JRS and other services
- Offer proactive phone support, reaching out to refugee friends, including those in immigration detention, connecting them with our team of volunteers and staff to provide updates, friendship and advice
- Provide legal advice for their case via our dedicated legal team, through some face-to-face appointments, over the phone, email, and post; continuing to move forward their claims and clarifying their access to other services in this difficult time
- Help our most vulnerable friends, due to age and health, avoid street homeless and shield themselves from the spread of the virus through advice, referrals and support
- Provide ongoing support to hosts in our ‘At Home’ hosting scheme who are currently housing a refugee friend who would otherwise be homeless
- Find new creative ways to connect and maintain a sense of community with refugee friends over the phone and on Zoom